Optimising images for your website is crucial to ensure your website loads quickly. Having a speedy website is important for a few reasons…
- Google loves it! Google is going to rank your website higher in searches if it knows your website is quick to load
- Website visitors are more likely to leave your website if images take too long to load – no one likes to wait!
- It keeps your overall website size down which helps with speed, hosting, ranking and costs!
So how do we optimise images?
- The first step is to ensure all images are using JPG file types, not PNGs (if possible). This will drastically bring down the overall file size.
- Resize the image, we recommend approximately 1500 pixels x 900 pixels – you can resize images in Photoshop, the Apple preview program or online through BeFunky.com
- Compress your image – compressing the image shrinks the file down to ensure the smallest file possible – we recommend using TinyJPG.com